Friday, July 12, 2013

Nothing special happening

As I told you in this post, I was a bit busy these last weeks so that explain the lack of posting. Sorry about that.

Last week, I took my first lesson with my horse. I've always been a "western" girl but now I wanted to try something new so a friend of mine is giving me some classic lessons. My horse has been on a perpetual break for the last 4-5 years, living his lazy horse life in the field and going out from time to time for a short trail. But now it's serious business my friends! We've worked every 2 days this week and I'm sure he hasn't trotted that much in the last year that he did this week. But that's OK because he really needs to lose a couple hundred of pounds. Sounds a lot? Not for a horse. He should lose at least 150 pounds to reach his healthy weight. This is part of why I'm taking lessons. He's got a leg injury 6 years ago and from time to time he will start to limp for no apparent reason. So losing weight will help him. The other reason I'm taking these lessons is because as much as I love going on the trail with him, I would love to have something else to do with him. And maybe working will also help him to focus on something else than little stressful things like butterflies and moving leaves when we ride outside. He's so nervous that sometimes it's dangerous for both of us. Working will help him to focus but it will also reinforce the confidence he has in me. Well at least I hope so!

Last night while we were walking the dogs, Rufio started to play and run after something that I supposed was a grass-snake or a toad. But when I went to look at who he was bothering, I found a nest with 4 little baby birds in it. The nest was built on the floor which in my opinion was not a good idea, miss mommy bird. They looked OK even if they weren't moving but I saw them inhaling so we just let them there without touching them while the mommy bird was shouting at us and we make sure that the dogs don't go back to them. But I was still worried that Rufio has hit them with his big paw and hurt them so this morning I went back to make sure they were OK and all I found was an empty nest and a cat pee smell...I really wish that nothing bad happened to them. They were full of feathers so maybe they just went away. I'll go back tonight to see if they're back and I will cross my fingers until then. We're not lucky with the birds lately. It's sad because I love them actually.

Have a great weekend!
 photo sinature.png
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment